I Don't Get it Why Students Become Activists Instead of Studying Their Lessons

By Alon Calinao Dy: I don't get it why many students become student activists when their parents are working hard for them so that they can study in colleges or universities.
A viral post of a student holding up a sign against Marcos burial at the Libingan ng mga Bayani
I don't get it why there are some people who are using and preparing these students to be activists instead of helping them to become successful future professionals. 

I don't get it why these students are marching on the streets holding up flyers or slogans and screaming like they have been abused and tortured. I don't get it how much money the organizers get when they do these events.

Many Filipinos seem irritated and roll their eyes when they heard the word "activist." In a blog post of Mr. Alon Calinao Dy, he said "most organizers are being paid and are the ones who benefited from this movement, not their members." 

I don't get it when these organizers provoke violence and then when their members suffered injuries or hurt participating in a march, they would blame the government for police brutality. 

Not all public protests can change the society or correct the problem at hand. In the Philippines, for example, many protests are controlled by these oligarchs and yellow minions who really don't know what they are fighting for. Someone would think that they are doing it for the money. 

I can't fathom why some of these colleges and universities tolerate "activitism" among their students. I know that it is their freedom of speech, but one thing I don't understand is that why these young organizers and students need to use force or violence in order to deliver their messages. I mean they have freedom to right of speech. Why is it hard for them to hold a peaceful protest? I just don't get it. 

So here is my simple advice, do not waste your time with these people who recruit you to join their groups. I know there are still many recruiters out there in the campus who offered you free services and protection, but do not allow yourselves to be victims. Martial law has gone a long time ago, so live up to a bright tomorrow and move on. Life is too short to think about the world's problems.

No comments:

Theme images by mammuth. Powered by Blogger.